Here are a few tips on WHEN to avoid the scale:
1- MOST DAYS: weighing yourself EVERYDAY is unnecessary and completely unhealthy! Your weight is going to fluctuate every day based on what you ate (salt, food etc.) and based on your activity (exercise or not) as well as other things like hormones and sleep. This tends to lead to obsessive thinking and behaviour. Try to aim for ONE time a week.
2. When you're at someone else's house. It's best to weigh yourself on the same scale at the same time of day (best time is morning :))
3. When the scales literally cost you $10........there's no guarantee that the thing is even calibrated
4. When its 8pm and you've eaten your body weight in food for the day lol
5. When you're wearing heavy articles of clothing or shoes - ditch them, do it naked
6. After you've just done a crazy intense workout - your muscles are FULL of blood and you've also just shed a TON of water in sweat! Just not accurate.
7. When the scale is NOT on a hard surface. Carpets and other surfaces make for inaccurate readings.
8. Certain days of the month.....you feel me?
9. When the thought of weighing yourself throws you into a crazy state of anxiety. Stepping on a scale can be so emotionally draining depending on the expectations that you've set for yourself and this magical number you have ingrained in your mind of what "the perfect weight" is. If you can't master your fear of the scale, you may want to consider another method of measuring "success", like using clothing, measuring inches, or taking photos. Fitness testing and body composition testing can also be great ways to measure progress.
10. When you're HAPPY with how you look and feel. WHO needs a scale to measure that? It will likely only make you anxious, or make you cry or at least there's a 50/50 chance.